Get in touch
- The closest airport is Salzburg airport (~ 1 hour drive). Other nearby airports are in Munich, Innsbruck and Linz (all ~2,5 hours drive). Rental car companies are available on all airports.
- The closest railway station is Bischofshofen station (20 minute drive or bus ride from the lodge). From the station you can take a bus to Mühlbach centre, from there you can walk up to the Lodge (~10 min) or take another bus that goes via the Mandlwandstraße to Arthurhaus on Hochkeil mountain.
- The bus stop Wittiger, located on the Mandlwandstraße, is just a 5 minute walk from the lodge. Please refer to the below map for directions to the bus stop.
- During the winter and summer season you can use the ski and hiking bus, leaving from bus stop Wittiger. The bus will take you to the mountain (ski) lift or any other location in the Hochkönig region. You can find the timings of the bus on the Hochkönig website and in the Hochkönig app.
- The main mountain (ski) lift in Mühlbach (open in winter and summer season) is called Karbachalm and is just a 5 minute drive / bus ride away from the lodge. There is a large free car park near the lift if you choose to drive down. In winter, you can leave your skis and ski shoes in a ski storage at the lift.
- The nearest doctor is Dr. Karl Hittmair
Address: Nr. 251b, A-5505 Mühlbach am Hochkönig
Tel: +43 6467 20077-0
Availability: MO and TH 15:00 – 19:00 hr / TU, WE, FR 07:30 -11:30 hr
- In case of medical emergency you can call 141
- The nearest hospital is the Kardinal Schwarzenberg Klinikum in Schwarzach im Pongau. It is a 30 minute drive. Tel: +43 6415 7101 0
In Mühlbach you will find:
- a small Spar supermarket in the centre (2 minutes drive from the chalet) where you can buy the basic groceries and essentials. Opening times : Monday – Friday 7:00 – 19:00 / Saturday 7:00 – 18:00 / Closed on Sunday.
- a local bakery Bauer. They can supply fresh bread for breakfast. You will have to visit the bakery and make a selection for the delivery the next morning (Tel: 06467 7220).
- a local bank with a 24/7 accessible cash machine (ATM).
In Bischofshofen (20 minutes by car) you will find:
- a wider range of supermarkets like Hofer, Lidl, Penny, Billa, Spar, Eurospar. All are open from Monday-Saturday until ~ 18:00/19:00.
- In Mühlbach center you can find a few restaurants that serve authentic Austrian dishes or pizza and pastas (Zum Steirer, Mesnerhaus & Anderlwirt).
- Furthermore, there are numerous Alm huts in the surroundings, located in the skiing and hiking area of Hochkönig. You can find a full overview on Alm huts Overview.
- Most restaurants in the region (Mühlbach, Bischofshofen) will deliver for larger orders.
- The local bakery Bauer delivers fresh bread in the morning. Please visit the bakery to make your selection.
Would you like some tips about activities in summer and winter? Then please have a look at the summer page and winter page on our website or www.hochkoenig.at
The Hochkönig tourism website provides lot’s of good information on outdoor activities in the region and maps with all the hiking & biking routes. You can also visit the Hochkönig tourism office in Mühlbach center, just a 5 minute walk from the lodge.
- The main ski lift in Mühlbach is called Karbachalm and is just a 5 minute drive / bus ride away from the lodge.
- There is a large free car park near the lift if you choose to drive down. If you come early, you will always find a parking spot.
- You can leave your skis and ski shoes in a ski storage at the lift (either at Sport Klaus or Sport 2000 Juss). Ofcourse there is a ski storage room in the chalet as well (including a boot dryer).
- Sport Klaus is a ski rental company and ski school located in the centre of Mühlbach and at the ski lift.
- Sport 2000 Juss at the ski lift also offers ski rental.
- The ski bus stop Wittiger, located on the Mandlwandstraße, is just a 5 minute walk from the lodge.
- You can find the timings of the bus on the Hochkönig website and in the Hochkönig app.
- Please refer to the below map for directions to the busstop.
- The mountain ranges of Ski Amade (Steinernes Meer, Hochkönig, Dachstein and Tauernkamm) are much colder than their western counterparts since they are closer to the Siberian winds. So even though the mountains are not as high as the 4000m plus peaks in the French and Swiss Alps, the snow conditions are usually excellent.
- The Hochkönig ski area is locally known as the “snow hole” as the Hochkönig mountain seems to attract a high level of snow fall.
- Furthermore, 90% of the slopes in Ski Amadé have snow making capabilities.
- In winter, you most likely will need snow chains in the Hochkönig region, so we strongly recommend that you bring them. It does ofcourse depend on the type of car you drive.
- The road to our chalet is cleared by the municipality after heavy snowfall. However it may take a few hours before they arrive.
- The snow is cleared from the driveway and parking area on the day of your arrival.
- As this is a self-service chalet, you will have to clear the snow yourself during your stay. Snow shovels are available at the chalet.
We are a Hochkönig card partner business.
This means in Summer we provide all our guests with the Hochkönig Card
- With this card you can visit many facilities and take part in activities in the Hochkönig region for free or with a discount.
- In Summer you can enjoy free usage of amongst others the mountain summer lifts, swimming pools, hiking bus, toboggan runs and tennis courts and get discounted access to for instance museums, kids alpine playgrounds & adventure parks, MTB tours and spa & thermal baths.
The Hochkönig Tourism website shows all free and discounted activities (brochures are also provided in the the tourism office in Mühlbach).